Postgraduate Academic Activities Fund (PAAF)
- All active PhD and MSc student in UniMAP is eligible to apply for maximum of RM500.00 annually for their academic activities.
- A PhD student will be funded for maximum 3 years and a MSc student will be funded for maximum 2 years.
- Funds will be allocated using these criteria:
- only FULL-TIME students can apply for this fund;
- students with outstanding fees are NOT allowed to apply;
- sponsored students also are NOT eligible for this fund if have outstanding fees.
- Funds are not available in terms of cash but can be obtained as financial aid.
- Financial aid can be requested to:
- *subsidize local and international conference registration fees, OR; *
- *subsidize transportation costs (bus or equivalent) to attend local conferences
(Refer to Appendix A for claims of accommodation and transport), OR; *
*Limited to Scopus-Induced proceeding
- subsidize printing costs to publish journal papers, OR;
- subsidize other approved academic activities organized by the school like seminars, short courses, purchase of consumables for research project, etc.
- Remaining or unused funds cannot be brought forward from one year to another.
- Application must be approved by the Supervisor, Dean of the School/Centre/Institute / Cluster Head and Dean, Centre for Graduate Studies.
- All applicants are required to submit their application one month after the date of the event with the requested documents.
- Completed application form with relevant documents should be submitted to:
Dean, Centre for Graduate Studies, Universiti Malaysia Perlis,
Block A, Taman Pertiwi Indah, Jalan Kangar – Alor Setar,
Seriab, 01000 Kangar, Perlis, Malaysia
GUIDELINE CLAIMS OF ACCOMMODATION AND TRANSPORT FOR ATTENDING THE LOCAL CONFERENCE
(If cannot use the bus / train)
Bus / train or equivalent
- RM0.45 for maximum of 400km (2 ways);
- Toll for 400km;
- Or equivalent of bus / train