Postgraduate Academic Activities Fund (PAAF)
1. All active PhD and MSc student in UniMAP is eligible to apply for maximum of RM500.00 annually for their academic activities.
2. A PhD student will be funded for maximum 3 years and a MSc student will be funded for maximum 2 years.
3. Funds will be allocated using these criteria:
i. only FULL-TIME students can apply for this fund;
ii. students with outstanding fees are NOT allowed to apply;
iii. sponsored students also are NOT eligible for this fund if have outstanding fees.
4. Funds are not available in terms of cash but can be obtained as financial aid.
5. Financial aid can be requested to:
i. subsidize local conference registration fees, OR;
ii. subsidize transportation costs (bus or equivalent) to attend local conferences (Refer to Appendix A for claims of accommodation and transport), OR;
iii. subsidize printing costs to publish journal papers, OR;
iv. subsidize other approved academic activities organized by the school like seminars, short courses, purchase of consumables for research project, etc.
6. Remaining or unused funds cannot be brought forward from one year to another.
7. Application must be approved by the Supervisor, Dean of the School/Centre/Institute / Cluster Head and Dean, Centre for Graduate Studies.
8. All applicants are required to submit their application one month prior the date of the event with the requested documents.
9. Completed application form with relevant documents should be submitted to:
Dean, Centre for Graduate Studies, Universiti Malaysia Perlis,
Block A, Taman Pertiwi Indah, Jalan Kangar – Alor Setar,
Seriab, 01000, Kangar, Perlis, Malaysia