1. SPECIAL SCHEME: UniMAP–IIUC POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMME
Information about the scheme
Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) between the Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UniMAP) and the International Islamic University Chittagong (IIUC) for postgraduate special scheme program was officially signed on 21st August 2018 at IIUC Main Campus, Kumira, Chittagong.
The objective of the MoA is to provide the most convenient opportunity for the academic staff at IIUC and other public and private universities in Bangladesh to pursue their study with credible postgraduate degree programmes with affordable cost at UniMAP. In the MoA, the supervision will be done remotely where the students can do their research while working at their home country.
Information about the Scheme:
- It is a 3-years (6-semesters) full-time regular PhD Program at UniMAP; or
It is a 2-years (4-semesters) full-time regular MSc Program at UniMAP.
- Students under the scheme will pay the tuition fee at a discounted rate during their study period as stated above.
- The student will have to stay for a minimum period of 3 months at UniMAP during their study for completing the postgraduate registration, research proposal presentation and thesis defence. Staying in Malaysia may cost RM 1,000 to RM 1,200 (BDT 21,000 to 25,000) per month for food and accommodation excluding airfare. Return airfare may cost BDT 25,000 to 30,000 per person.
- The student has the option to pursue his/her research while staying in Bangladesh under this Special Scheme.
- Admission requirements can be found here.
- The students will have to complete a compulsory Research Methodology course which will be conducted by UniMAP.
- Interested candidates under the scheme are to make communications with UniMAP-IIUC Program Coordinator in Bangladesh before submitting the online postgraduate application at https://opa.unimap.edu.my/OPAVer2/
Programme Coordinator Contact Informations
Assoc. Prof. Dr Mohammad Aktaruzzaman Khan
Centre for Research and Publication (CRP),IIUC
UniMAP-IIUC Postgraduate Program under special scheme
International Islamic University Chittagong,
+88-03042-51154-61, Ext.: 393
(+88) 01554 315876
(+88) 01711 025060